Let’s face it, if you’re a momma or poppa of a toddler there are just certain items that you do not leave the house without. You know, the essential, can’t live without it, key ingredient of your toddler E.D.C. (Every Day Carry, that is.). We all have them, even if you don’t realize it yet! For us, one of those items is Connor’s Munchkin Miracle 360° Cup. She’s been using it for a quite a few months now and it seriously has been a lifesaver! If you’ve been following along with my motherhood journey for a little while you may remember that I struggled with getting Connor to accept bottles because she was exclusively breastfeed. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that although she pretty much skipped bottles and many other traditional style sippy cups, she loves the Munchkin Miracle 360° cup.
Here are a few things I love about this product:
- It’s Spoutless: Spoutless is pretty much the way of the future in the land of sippy cups. lol! Dentist now recommend that toddlers have spoutless sippy cups (or straw cups) because they are better for toddler teeth and oral development.
- There is no straw/detachable pieces: I really appreciate the simplicity of this cups design. Unlike straw cups there are no additional detachable pieces, straws, or valves that can get lost when washing or storing.
- It’s spill-proof: Anyone else’s kid genuinely find joy in decoding sippy cup spill proof claims? ha! Well so far this cup is Connor’s kryptonite. I love the feeling of security I experience when I slip this cup into our bag or into Connor’s hand because I know that the liquids will not spill out. The lid automatically reseals after drinking!
- The 360° drinking edge: This is definitely a plus! There is no “right” or “wrong” side to drink from it. Making it overall easier to handle and drink from.
- It’s easy to clean: There is no special equipment needed to get into the cracks and crevices like I have experienced with other style cups. yuck! It is also top rack dishwasher safe and BPA-free!
- It comes in cool colors: I’m not a big fan of super kiddy-looking toddler cups with characters on them. I know, that may sound weird considering this is a cup for my toddler! lol! But it’s true. I love all things sleek and modern. But it’s cool that the Munchkin Miracle 360° Cup comes is 4 main solid colors (Green, Pink, Blue, and Orange) as well as 5 or 6 other more characterized “Deco” designs, like Hello Kitty!
- It comes in two different sizes: The 10oz cup (which Connor has) is recommended for children 12 months & up. But there is a smaller size (a 6oz trainer cup) suitable for babies age 6+ months.
Here are a few things I don’t like as much about this product or you may want to consider before trying it:
- There’s a learning curve: Depending on your child’s age and stage of oral development there may be a learning curve when transitioning from a traditional spouted sippy cup because the suction motion is a bit different. This of course is closer to how grown-ups drink fluids so it is worth the hassle. You can help your baby learn how to use it by pressing the heart symbol at the center of the top and liquid will trickle out.
- Set vs. Color Combos: Although you can buy the 10oz cup online as a single, I have mostly seen this size sold in a set (of 2) in stores like Target & Walmart. The set usually retails for $11.49 plus tax. Unfortunately, if you have a strong preference towards a certain color, the 2 set combo doesn’t come in a single color. I have seen variations of blue & orange, and pink and orange sets only.
From park hangs, to lunch dates, and everywhere in between, my daughter Connor goes everywhere with her Munchkin Miracle 360° Sippy cup. Especially during these warm summer months when it is so important for children to stay hydrated. To date, this has been the most worry-free cup that I have purchased and we are loving it! Depending on your child’s age and experience with sippy cups it may require you to assist your tot with using it the first few times but after that it will be seamless. It truly is spill-proof, easy to clean, and worth the peace of knowing that I am providing Connor with a great start for her oral development.
If you like Connor’s Munchkin Miracle 360° Cup you may like these colors/designs. Click each photo for more details.