*I received free product for purposes of review. However, all opinions are my own.*
Any other curly girls & naturalista’s out there that dread “wash day” as much as I do? I mean, it’s like as soon as I get my hair conditioned, moisturized, and the curls poppin’ exactly how I like them to be, it’s time to wash it! And then I have to spend the next couple of days fighting dryness, frizz, and unruliness until some of my hairs natural oils return & it’s poppin’ again! It’s a viscous cycle really! Lol! And with a toddler at home, I really don’t have that kind of time to baby and obsess about my hair. I’ve heard of a few methods (like Co-Washing, or Reverse Washing) that can help with wash day dryness, but have yet to find a method that gets my hair super clean as well as keeps it moisturized. That is until I recently started using Carols Daughter Black Vanilla (Moisture and Shine) Shampoo, Conditioner & Hair Sheen!
And I have to say, I am very pleasantly surprised at how well it cleans, moisturizes, and defines my curls! Actually, I have never seen my hair look this great on wash day! My hair is soft, manageable, and doesn’t feel dry at all! Things I usually don’t experience right after washing. This product is just in time to help me fight any seasonal dullness too!
I even use it on Connor’s hair now too! Her hair tends to need even more moisture than mine because she has a slightly tighter curl. As a result I am always on the look out for moisturizing products for her hair and I condition it more frequently than mine.
Here are 5 ways Carols Daughter Black Vanilla (Moisture & Shine) Collection helps moisturize, revitalize, and even repairs your dry hair:
- The Black Vanilla Shampoo is sulfate free! – If you are not familiar with what Sulfates are, they are detergents that remove the oil and buildup from your hair. Unfortunately, these detergents can dry out the hair and cause damage like split ends (especially on course or curly hair) while cleaning it. This shampoo has a gentler cleaning formula. It is also Pareben, Petroleum, or Mineral Oil free! yess!
- The Black Vanilla Shampoo doesn’t just clean! – It also replenishes moisture, improves manageability, and adds shine with ingredients like Aloe, Sweet Clover, and Rose Extract.
- The Black Vanilla Conditioner nourishes as well as conditions! – With Pro-vitamin B5, Biotin, Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Lavender Flower, Sweet Clover, Sage, and Rosemary, this conditioner is jam packed with nourishing ingredients! They all sound so amazing right? B5 and Biotin are especially great at strengthening, softening, and adding volume to hair, things I think all curly girls covet! I also love that this conditioner is Silicone free (this is a big one for me because silicones can cause buildup) and it can help improve dry hair by 80%!
- The Black Vanilla Hair Sheen Hydrates! – I especially love this Moisture and shine Hair sheen! I can feel and see the difference in my hair and my daughters hair days after using it. It’s powerful in its own right with Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter,& Jojoba Seed Oil, to name a few ingredients. And Jojoba in particular helps to repair hair damaged by heat and styling and has molecular properties very similar to the scalps natural oils.
- The Black Vanilla Collection is especially formulated for Dry, Dull, and Brittle Hair – Add all of the components above together and you seem to have a winning formula for us girls that tend to have dry, dull or brittle hair! It’s so amazing using a product that has been formulated especially to target my hair concerns!
Well done Carols Daughter! Now not only does our hair look good but it feels goods from the inside out! — on wash day, and on every day in between!