In recent years Asparagus has become one of my favorite vegetables. Although it’s mysterious to some people, it’s super easy to cook and is full of great vitamins & nutrients. Asparagus is also anti-inflammatory and a great antioxidant! During the summer it’s a fav of ours to throw them on the grill with some new potatoes, steak or chicken. But for now, since they have just come into season (although in California you can find them pretty much year-round) and it’s not quite grilling weather yet (I can’t wait!!), here’s a quick oven roasted recipe. Trust me it’s SUPER easy!
- 1 Bundle of Asparagus (thickness may vary)
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Lemon (optional)
- Parmesan (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees
- Rinse spears & cut or break tough bottoms. I like to cut mine at an angle to make them pretty 🙂
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet
- Lightly drizzle with Olive Oil (be sure that they are fully coated)
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and/or lemon juice & liberally season with salt & pepper.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 20 mins – until tender yet crisp!